Tips for Pool Safety
July 15, 2019
Pool safety, for children and adults, is an important issue during the summer season. We here at Dalcollo Pool Builders emphasize the importance of Long Island homeowners following these rules for safety. Every year, more than 43,000 people are injured in or around swimming pools, while more than 600 drown in pool incidents. It may sometimes be difficult to control the pool environment, but by following these helpful tips, you can help to ensure that your friends and family will safely enjoy their summer by the pool.
- Having secure fencing in place around the pool is the number one precaution you can take to ensure accidents don’t happen.
- Storing pool chemicals away from the pool area and out of the reach of children
- Make sure anyone who doesn’t know how to swim, stays clear of the pool area unless accompanied by someone who can swim.
- Keep lifesaving equipment in close vicinity to the pool area with easy access in case of emergency.
- Keep electronics and any other potential hazards away from the pool and wet surfaces.
- Never leave toys and floats in the pool when it’s not in use, a child may be tempted to reach into the pool to grab it,
- Stay out and away from the pool area during rain, lightening, and thunderstorms.
- Never allow anyone to swim after consuming alcohol. Almost 70% of adult deaths associated with water recreation involve alcohol.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your pool. Bacteria that grows in pools can cause sickness and infection to those who swim in it.
- Inspect your pool every once in a while, for signs of wear and tear. Rips in the liner, cracks in the surface, and rusted metal supports are all signs of deterioration.
Although it may seem like adding a pool to your backyard will increase your liability risk, it can all be avoided by staying alert and on top of these safety tips and precautions. Call Dalcollo Pool Builders today to help with designing a safe and beautiful custom pool design for you and your family.